Here at EmpressBody we’re no stranger to a yoni problem. We’ll listen and help you with anything. One of the most commonly asked question is, “Why can’t I get wet anymore?”. Yonis are mysterious things, which is what makes them great. But also it can make them super frustrating. If you're turned on with someone you like and you still can't get wet, it's maddening but EmpressBody are here to help. We’ve looked at some of the causes behind yoni dryness in the bedroom and even come up with a few tips to help.
1. Your hormones are a little out of balance. One of the most common reasons for yoni dryness is a decrease in estrogen levels during menopause, perimenopause, after childbirth, or during breastfeeding, but cancer treatments like chemotherapy and pelvic radiation can also lead to low estrogen and a decrease in vaginal lubrication. This is not applicable to every scenario, obviously if you’ve never experienced any of these issues then your vaginal dryness is caused by something else.
2. You’re not connected with your body during sex. There are lots of things that can create a disconnect between our bodies and the physical act of foreplay and intercourse. Being in tune with your body and the sensations you’re experiencing will help you get aroused, which is key for producing your own lubrication. We recommend practicing a little mindfulness every now and then. Breathing exercises with your eyes closed will help you concentrate on your body and increase your enjoyment of any and all sensation – which should get your juices flowing!
3. Side effects of any medication you’re on. Allergy and cold medications with antihistamines and even some asthma medications can cause vaginal dryness, no one is telling you to magically get over it and never take over the counter medication again, but you might benefit from finding a more natural alternative.
4. Your partner isn't that great in bed. I know it seems obvious, but it's not you, it's him. Sometimes vaginal dryness is just caused by having a low sex drive or having issues with your sexual partner. Clear communication will help, tell them what you like and how long for, you’ll both thank us! You can also try out a little extra lube to help enhance foreplay.
The EmpressBody Yoni Elixir:
Our Empress Yoni Elixir Oil can be used as lubricant when applied directly to the entrance of the vagina but as it contains Coconut Oil it should not be used in conjunction with silicon based condoms. The Empress Yoni Oil can also help to:
- Soothes irritation
- Assists in preventing infections
- Natural lubricant that can be used during intercourse
- Rids excess discharge
- Strengthens vaginal tissues
- Prevention of painful intercourse
- Cleansing properties
- Toner and Rejuvenator
5. The soap you're using is drying you out. Some women are allergic to chemicals in soaps, detergents, hygiene products, dyes, and perfumes, which could be on your underwear or towels, and that could cause dryness or irritation, which often go hand in hand. Even some lubes if they're not right for you can cause dryness, so try switching to natural detergents or a different, more natural lube and try out our EmpressBody paraben free yoni wash:
The EmpressBody Yoni Wash:
EmpressBody™ Yoni Wash (Vaginal wash) has 100% Organic natural ingredients, which will help maintain a healthy pH Balance, support the natural acidity and aid in preventing bacteria build up or yeast infections. Safe for daily use. As this product contains no perfumes it won’t disturb the balance of your yoni flora and will encourage the natural production of yoni nectar.
- • Paraben free • Sulfate free
- • Phthalate free. • GMO free
- • Propylene Glycol free. • Dye free
- • Artificial Fragrance free •DEA free
- • Lye free • Cruelty free. • Certified sustainable plant based ingredients
Click here to read more about the EmpressBody Yoni Wash
6. You're way too stressed out. It's really hard for anyone to get turned on if they can’t relax in anyway/. It disconnects you from your body and can have you making lists rather than getting into the mood. We would never tell you to just relax and calm down, it’s not helpful and it wouldn’t work. But try and compartmentalize your feelings, sexy time now, organization and deal with that problem later. It will help you keep feelings of stress and anxiety out of the bedroom.
Click here to view the full range of EmpressBody yoni wellness products
Click here to view the full range of EmpressBody body wellness products